Opublikowano: 2023-04-17 19:27
The greatest ever event is approaching. Here in Cultural Newsroom we provide you with some coronation fact files:
- the coronation of King Charles III will take place on Saturday 6th May, 2023 at Westminster Abbey.
- King Charles will be 74 at the time of his coronation – the eldest new monarch to be crowned.
- his wife Camilla, the Queen Consort, will also be crowned as part of the service in a shorter ceremony. She will become the thirtieth consort to be crowned since the Norman Conquest.
- this will mark the first coronation in the United Kingdom for nearly 70 years. A young Prince Charles attended the coronation of his mother, Queen Elizabeth II, on 2nd June 1953
- monarchs traditionally sit on a 14th century coronation chair and are officially crowned with St Edward’s solid gold crown.
- the monarch will take part in a procession through London, featuring a Gold State Coach.
- the celebration will come to an end with a Buckingham Palace balcony appearance.
- the coronation will be watched on TV by the audience of hundreds of millions.
- there will be an extra UK bank holiday to mark the coronation: Monday 8th May 2023.
More sill to come. Keep informed and read our Cultural Newsroom entries.